You can use the checklist below to prepare yourself to the path of home ownership. Should you have any questions during the process, contact me and I will gladly assist you.
Estimated Costs and Knowing Your Budget
- Determine how much money you have available for a down payment.
- Get a rough estimate of your expected monthly mortgage payment by working with your lender or mortgage advisor.
- Be educated on your options concerning interest rates and various loan terms.
- Start gathering all of your financial documents. Your lender or mortgage advisor can give you a list of documents you will need.
- Get a pre-approval loan from a reputable mortgage professional (your real estate professional can provide you with referrals)
- Organize your documents and information before applying for a mortgage.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter.
Find the Right Home for You
- Choose a Real Estate Professional.
- Investigate neighborhoods and schools.
- If you are relocating, be sure to conduct a cost-of-living comparison.
- Put together a “Wish List” and prioritize those features.
- Preview properties.
- Make an offer and negotiate a final price.
- Get a home inspection.
Close the Purchase
- Your real estate professional and the escrow officer generally walk home buyers through the process of meeting contract contingencies and scheduling settlements.
- MOVE IN AND CELEBRATE.